When you no longer need to see an item in a project, for example a blog post a few months after it's been published, you can archive the item. This removes it from the hierarchy of your project, and it removes the template applied to the item and all the people & due dates assigned to an item. Also an archived item does not count towards your GatherContent Plan limits.
Tip: Don't see the option to archive an item? You'll need to make sure your role has permission to 'Add items'.
There are two ways of archiving an item:
From the Content tab
- From the Content tab, choose the items you'd like to archive.
You can select several items using the checkboxes to the left.
Note: if you would like to select many items at once, you can select the first item, hold shift and then select the last item. This will select the everything in between as well
2. Select "Archive items" from the Actions menu dropdown
Following confirmation, the items will be archived, and moved from the items view to the Archived items view.
3. Switch to the archived items view
Click the items dropdown and select "Archived items" to view the newly archived items.
From within the item itself
- Enter the item you would like to archive
- Head to the menu in the top-right corner of your screen and select 'Archive item' from the drop-down
Your item will now be archived 👍
Please note that archiving item(s) will not send any notifications to the people who are unassigned.