Learn how to use People and Groups, this guide includes:
- Overview of Team Members
- Using Roles and Permissions
- Inviting people to your account
- Create, delete, and managing user groups
- How to make bulk changes to multiple users
- Managing users individually
Overview of Team Members
In the team members view you'll find the following lists:
- A full list of 'All users'
- A list of users 'Pending invite' (e.g. users who have been sent an invitation to join your account to be assigned to projects/items but have not yet responded)
- A list of 'Guest users' (e.g. users who have created a guest account to view shareable links but are restricted from accessing your accounts other projects/items)
Here you can easily manage your user groups, manage your users individually or in bulk, and invite new users to join your account. 👍
Using Roles and Permissions
A role is a set of permissions, that can be applied to multiple people or an individual user. The role applied will determine things like, whether people can write content, edit item structure, or see only the items they have been assigned to or see everything inside a project they have access to.
You'll begin with some default roles but can go ahead and create as many custom roles as you need before you invite people to join your account:
Inviting people to your account
You can invite people to your account from the People & Groups area by clicking the invite button:
Before you start adding people to your GatherContent account, their role should be created first, as you need to apply this when sending the invite.
Those invited will receive an email with an invite link inside that expires after 7 days. When they click the invite link, they'll be asked to set a password and logged in to their account.
If the invite link expires, simply head to the People & Groups area where you can perform useful actions like resetting their password and managing their profile.
Create, delete and manage user groups
Every person in your GatherContent account belongs to a group and has a role.
Groups are used to organise your people, and to help you find people more quickly by splitting up a list, i.e. internal teams, external agencies, legal teams, etc.
To add a new group, click 'Create new group', then add a name and click return to save:
To delete or rename a group, click on the 3 dots next to the name of the group and select one of the options:
Click on the name of a group to view which users are included in it.
A person can only belong to one group at a time, but you can easily drag and drop your users between groups to change this.
How to make bulk changes to multiple users
Using the bulk select tool, you can;
- Select one or select all users
- Assign users to projects
- Assign users to one or multiple projects
- Change the role of your users
- Reset the password of one or multiple users
- Delete one or multiple users
Managing users individually
Each person will have a profile where you can see and edit their role.
By clicking on a users name or the 3 dots shown in the row you can;
- Delete an individual user
- Reset the user's password
- View users individual profiles
- Assign users to projects
- View the recent activity of individual users
Tip: If you have a lot of users in your account, try using the search bar to find them by their user name: