The following guide covers everything you need to know about our brand new People and Groups feature, which is currently available in beta mode only.
- How to open People and Groups BETA in your account
- Overview of Team Members
- Using Roles and Permissions
- Inviting people to your account
- Create, delete and managing user groups
- How to make bulk changes to multiple users
- Managing users individually
This version will be replacing our current People & Groups view, but first, we want to make sure everything is working smoothly for you all in the GatherContent community. 🥰
To do that we need your help and eagerly invite you to start using the beta version and provide us with any feedback or let us know of any issues you face.
From the People and Groups BETA page, please click 'Give Feedback' as shown below to share your thoughts:
How to open People and Groups BETA in your account
All you need to do to access the new People & Groups BETA view is add '-beta' to the current People & Groups view browser URL as shown in the gif below:
Overview of Team Members
In the team members view you'll find the following lists:
- A full list of 'All users'
- A list of users 'Pending invite' (e.g. users who have been sent an invitation to join your account to be assigned to projects/items but have not yet responded)
- A list of 'Guest users' (e.g. users who have created a guest account to view shareable links but are restricted from accessing your accounts other projects/items)
Here you can easily manage your user groups, manage your users individually or in bulk, and invite new users to join your account. 👍
Using Roles and Permissions
A role is a set of permissions, that can be applied to multiple people or an individual user. The role applied will determine things like, whether people can write content, edit item structure or see only the items they have been assigned to or see everything inside a project they have access to.
You'll begin with some default roles but can go ahead and create as many custom roles as you need before you invite people to join your account:
Or click the following link to view a detailed breakdown of what each permission allows users to do in the account:
Inviting people to your account
You can invite people to your account from the People & Groups area by clicking the invite button:
Before you start adding people to your GatherContent account, their role should be created first, as you need to apply this when sending the invite.
Those invited will receive an email with an invite link inside that expires after 7 days. When they click the invite link, they'll be asked to set a password and logged in to their account.
If the invite link expires, simply head to the People & Groups area where you can perform useful actions like resetting their password and managing their profile.
Create, delete and manage user groups
Every person in your GatherContent account belongs to a group and has a role.
Groups are used to organise your people, and to help you find people more quickly by splitting up a list, i.e. internal teams, external agencies, legal teams etc.
To add a new group, click 'Create new group', then add a name and click return to save:
To delete or rename a group, click on the 3 dots next to the name of the group and select one of the options:
Click on the name of a group to view which users are included in it.
A person can only belong to one group at a time, but you can easily drag and drop your users between groups to change this.
How to make bulk changes to multiple users
Using the bulk select tool, you can;
- Select one or select all users
- Assign users to projects
- Assign users to one or multiple projects
- Change the role of your users
- Reset the password of one or multiple users
- Delete one or multiple users
Managing users individually
Each person will have a profile where you can see and edit their role.
By clicking on a users name or the 3 dots shown in the row you can;
- Delete an individual user
- Reset the user's password
- View users individual profiles
- Assign users to projects
- View the recent activity of individual users
Tip: If you have a lot of user in your account, try using the search bar to find them by their user name: