In GatherContent, workflow makes the status of your content crystal clear. Workflow is the set of statuses that can be applied to Items in your project to communicate their progress.
The default workflow will depend upon the project type that was selected when the project was created.
- Example workflows for marketing campaigns
- Example email campaign content workflow
- Example advert content workflow
- Example landing page content workflow
- Further Reading
Example workflows for marketing campaigns
GatherContent is a great tool to produce content for your marketing campaigns. For marketing campaigns, your workflow will likely follow this essential process:
We encourage you to customise your project workflow to match your team's content production process. Here are some example workflows by different types of marketing campaigns:
Email campaign content workflow
If you're producing lots of email campaigns, GatherContent can help you keep track of the status of each campaign in your marketing plan:
- Edits required - Editors can use this stage to notify that updates are required before content can be approved
- Sent - Keep track of which campaigns have been sent
Advert content workflow
Ad campaigns can require input from multiple departments, so you can design your content workflow to match the production process your campaign needs to pass through, such as:
- Copy produced, media required - Notify your design team to provide assets for your advert(s)
- Submitted - Keep track of which adverts have been produced
Landing page content workflow
Launch landing pages quickly when you can get the content through your production process smoothly:
- Proto-content - Improve your UX by providing your design team with real content as early as possible
- Edit required
- Live - Keep track of which landing pages are live
You can customise your workflow as much or as little suits for your project. We recommend that before content production begins you should agree your content workflow with your team and then setup your GatherContent project workflow to reflect this. This helps keep everybody clear on responsibilities and the review process.