This article explains when notifications are sent from GatherContent, what to do if you've not received an email you were expecting and more.
- When are notifications sent in GatherContent?
- Why haven't I received an email?
- Can I customise email notifications?
- Integrate with Slack for workflow status updates
When are notifications sent in GatherContent?
Emails are sent to a GatherContent user for several reasons:
- To invite someone to a GatherContent account
- When due dates are coming up for an item you're assigned to
- When someone's looped into an item's workflow status update
To summarise recent notifications, such as:
- To notify someone they've been added to a project (coming soon)
- To notify someone they've been assigned to an item
- To notify someone assigned to an item that the item's status has changed
- When due dates are set for an item you're assigned to
- When someone's been @ mentioned in a comment
- When a conversation has been resolved that someone's been @ mentioned in (coming soon)
Inviting someone to GatherContent
When inviting someone to GatherContent they'll receive an email with an invitation link. They'll need to click on the link in this email, and then they'll get the opportunity to set a password.
When due dates are coming up for an item you're assigned to
These email reminders are sent as individual emails:
- 24 hours before the set due date
- 1 hour before the set due date
- 24 hours after the set due date has passed
Tip: To stop receiving an overdue email once a due date has passed, update the status of the item to the next status in the workflow.
When someone's looped into a workflow status update
If you loop someone in when updating the workflow status of an item, the person will receive an email with the message and the status change.
Summary email notifications
Email summary notifications will group together recent activity in GatherContent, over short periods of time.
Summary emails look like this:
Why haven't I received an email?
Some email systems can block emails from certain senders. If you've not received an email you're expecting from GatherContent, you should:
- Check your junk or spam folder to ensure it hasn't been put there by mistake.
- If you still can't find it, let us know via the blue bubble in GatherContent and we'll check to see if there's a technical issue (maybe it has bounced).
Can I customise email notifications?
At the moment, it's not possible to customise the message content in email notifications.
However, if you prefer your notifications to be sent separately, you can turn off the summary emails. To do this, follow these steps:
1) Head to your Personal Settings
2) Scroll down to the 'Notification preferences' section
3) Untick the box and click 'Save changes'