You can set due dates for items to clarify when they need to be completed.
Due dates are applied to workflow status' to indicate when that phase of work needs to be completed by, and makes clear all of the steps that need to be completed, and when they need to be completed by before the item is published.
If an item is still in its current workflow status when its due date is reached, it will be marked as overdue and will appear with an overdue notification throughout GatherContent. If someone is assigned to an item, they will be notified when it's nearing its due date, and when it is overdue.
Tip: The final workflow status in your workflow such as 'Published' shouldn't have a due date, to allow your published items to live on without an 'overdue' status.
There are two ways to set a due date:
From in an item
1. From in the item, select the current workflow status to see the rest of the workflow and set due dates.
2. Underneath the workflow status you want to set a due date for, select the 'Set due date' link.
3. Choose a date from the calendar and click 'Set due date'.
Tip: Due dates should be used to signify the end of a particular workflow stage.
From the content hub
1. Head to the content hub.
2. Select the items you'd like to set a due date for. They should appear highlighted once selected. You can hold 'Shift' on the keyboard to select multiple items.
3. From the toolbar at the bottom of the page, select 'Set due dates'.
4. Click the 'Set due date' link for each status in the workflow.
5. Choose a date and time on the calendar, and press 'Save changes' to save.