When you no longer need to see an item in a project, for example a blog post a few months after it's been published, you can move the item to the trash. This removes it from the hierarchy of your project, and it removes the people & due dates assigned to an item. The template will be kept 👍
A trashed (archived) item does not count towards your GatherContent plan limits.
There are two ways of trashing an item:
From the content hub
1. Go to the content hub in the main navigation.
2. Select the items you'd like to trash. They should appear highlighted once selected. You can hold 'Shift' on the keyboard to select multiple items.
Tip: If you want to do this for ALL items in a project, click on the 'All items' folder on the left sidebar. Select an item, and then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Then click 'Select all' from the toolbar.
3. From the toolbar at the bottom of the page, select 'Trash items'.
From within the item itself
- Enter the item you would like to trash
- Head to the menu in the top-right corner of your screen and select 'Trash item' from the drop-down
Your item will be moved to the Trash folder 👍
Please note that trashing item(s) will not send any notifications to the people who are unassigned.
Tip: Don't see the option to trash an item? You'll need to make sure your role has permission to 'Add items'.