In case you're wondering, the content editor is where you can write content inside GatherContent. Improvements that we've made to the content editor are:
- Live collaboration like Google Docs, to work faster and more collaboratively with your team when producing content.
- Emoji support in comments and content.
- A more robust text editor.
- Greatly improved performance when working with complex templates or lots of users.
- You can now comment on assets and plain text fields.
- The manual 'Save' button is no longer available on an item.
- The workflow has been streamlined, making it easier for items to flow through the right statuses in the workflow.
- A 'copy HTML' option exists on fields on an item, but we've removed the ability to edit the HTML of a field.
- The 'Apply a template' dropdown on an item shows you how many items a template is applied to. You don't have to go to the Templates tab to see this!
- You can no longer add 'example text' to a field on a template. If you need to add starter text, you should add this to the item itself, or as part of the instructions below the field.
- The Activity tab on an item has been removed, but we've added more detail to the Revision history to make it easy to see all activity in a single place.
- The Notes tab on a item has been removed. You should now add any central notes or images to a Guidelines field on the item.
Got a specific question about something that's changed? Check out our FAQs or feel free to drop us a message using the blue bubble at the bottom right of this page.