Introduction to the Sitecore integration
Integrate GatherContent with Sitecore. Using the integration you can:
- Migrate content from GatherContent into Sitecore
- Update migrated content in Sitecore
How does the integration work?
GatherContent's Sitecore integration allows content editors to import and update content from GatherContent to Sitecore. Editors are able to specify mappings, defining which templates and fields should be mapped and then imported using Template Mappings. The integration also provides a backward connection, allowing content editors to update the GatherContent workflow status for all items that are successfully imported.
The integration was produced, and is maintained by Brimit, in partnership with GatherContent.
Tip: Want to use GatherContent for your upcoming Sitecore project? Check out our how-to guide.
The module supports Sitecore 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 9.0. There are separate modules for each version of Sitecore, which you can find on the Sitecore Marketplace.
Installing the Sitecore module
The GatherContent connector is a Sitecore module and is delivered as a Sitecore package. The following steps should be completed to install the module:
1. Download the package for your version of Sitecore from the Sitecore Marketplace
2. Go to the Sitecore Menu and then to Development Tools. You can find this from the main Dashboard by clicking Desktop > Sitecore Menu > Development Tools.
3. Launch the ' Installation Wizard'
4. Select ' Upload Package' and search for the package you downloaded
5. Upload the GatherContent package and press 'Next'
6. Verify the package information and click 'Install
7. When the installation has finished, click 'Close'
Configuring the module
A GatherContent account module is created during the installation. The module is used to store user credentials which connect the GatherContent account via the API and settings of the plugin. You have to set all of these parameters in order to start.
1. Open the Content Editor and navigate to /sitecore/system/Modules/GatherContent item
2. Scroll down the page slightly to the 'Credentials' section and add your credentials
Enter your GatherContent User Email Address, API Key and Platform URL and click 'Save' when done.
You can find instructions on how to generate your API Key in our API documentation.
Tip: Your email address is case-sensitive.
3. Update your Settings - OPTIONAL
Once you've setup your credentials you can also customise the following settings:
4. Click the 'Test Connection' button in the ribbon
After your credentials are set you can test the connection to the GatherContent platform by following these steps:
If the connection is successful, then you'll see the following message:
If the connection isn’t successful, a fail message will be shown, meaning that the credentials are incorrect.
Once connected, the next step is to set up your Template Mappings.