This article is for the new version of the structure editor.
Including guidelines and instructions on your templates will make it easier for your team to understand the details around the content that needs to be written. It minimises back and forth so you can get your content written faster.
- Add instructions to a field
- Add a guidelines field to a structure
- Re-name your fields
- Add word or character limits to a text field
Add instructions to a field
To add instructions to a field, you need to be in the structure editor. You can edit the structure of an item or template applied to an item two ways:
- From an item
- From the Templates tab
1. As part of the field that you want to edit, click in the box where it says "Include some instructions for this field..".
2. Add your instructions and then save the template when you're done.
Add a guidelines field to a structure
1. In the structure editor, drag and drop a guidelines field onto the page.
2. Name the field, and underneath include any guidelines you want to share with your team.
3. Save the template or structure when you're done.
Re-name your fields
1. In the structure editor, hover over the field name you want to update and click either the current name, or the pencil.
2. Save the template or structure when you're done.
Add word or character limits to a text field
1. In the structure editor, locate the field you want to add the word or character limit to.
2. Underneath the field title, click the 'Settings' link.
3. Flip the toggle to 'Set a word/character limit', choose the unit (word or character) by clicking it and enter the limit number into the box shown.
4. Save the template or structure when you're done.